Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I was too young to vote for JFK, but even at 12 I felt the excitement he brought about.

Stop, TIS. You know you weren't 12 until the Reagan administration; probably his second term. smile

Oh, you are so nice PB. Where do I send the check??? lol

Slightly off topic, back to JFK. He sparked my political interest actually. I was at a Catholic school at the time (which consisted of about 50 kids total). JFK's motorcade came down the street. Needless to say the nuns/Priests were all jazzed at the thought of the first Catholic President. Even at a young age, I watched some of his speeches, was drawn to his sense of humor and charm. Anyway, what a thrill to wave as he sat atop the seat of the car. That day I purchased a JFK pin for $1.00 (must have been at least two weeks allowance) grin . My mom was pissed off that I "wasted" my allowance. Deep down though, I was glad I did. wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon