It seems like McCain did the right thing by telling that woman Obama was a decent man and a solid citizen, and I notice Palin is now talking baout abortion and other "solidify the base" issues, whis is fair game. I also note Obama thanked McCain and distanced himself from the "George Wallace" comments Rep. Lewis made. Good to see that cooler heads at the top seem to be prevailing.

It is not over by a long shot, but if McCain loses it will be for the same reason Gore lost (or won by too little) in 2000. Namely, after he got the nomination he stopped being himself.
As long as McCain was the accessible guy at the back of the bus the press forgave him all kinds of gaffes and off the top of his head comments, because that was who he was. Sinilar to how they cut Biden the same slack. But unfortunately for him McCain listened to his handlers and morphed into a different person. I think his first mistake was Palin. He wanted Lieberman, but his handlers told him "no." I wonder if by picking lieberman McCain would not have locked up Florida and
given Obama more problems than he needed in New York and other places with high concentrations of Jewish voters who don't trust him anyway. McCain should have told his aides he was the nominee, f*ck the polls, and gone with his gut.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."