Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
TIS,

I think we saw the "Bradley Effect" as recently as the Democratic primaries, where Obama was leading in the polls in Mass. and Ca. on primary morning, but Hillary won both handily. So mixed feelings about race still obviously exist for some people.

BUT, at this point, I don't think it will be enough to steer the election away from Obama.

It is interesting that we are hearing a lot about this and about whether white people will really go into the voing booth and pull the lever from the Obama camp. I think it is a strategy to innoculate people from having that problem. After last night's debate he solidified the notion that he can be the president, and with a month to go he needs to continue to appear "presidential," thus allowing the idea of his inevitability to become a reality.

I think Obama will not suffer from as much of a Bradley effect as Bradley did.. lol

The economy is so bad people who might not have voted for him are considering it.

That being said though there are quite a few people who wouldn't vote for Obama no matter what. Anger and low information is a dangerous combination.

http://africanamericanopinion.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=107

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.