Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
That story is a dream of the Right. I doubt it'll get far, but they will try. rolleyes

Btw, all the left blogs many times express a wish that the Obama team bring up the "Keathing Five." Obama though, prefers (for the most part) to stick with the issues. You guys know the story behind that?

Also, the Dems could show the Palin "witchcrat" video, but are not.

TIS

I think Obama's strategy is to appear "above the fray" with dignity or whatever, and as this thread has discussed already, very negative ads this late in the game for a losing candidate generally don't work. Why stoop down to that level and cost yourself votes?

As for KEATHING FIVE, I believe that refers to McCain attending a meeting with 4 other Senators with a lobbyist who was later convicted as part of the S&L Loans scandals in the late 80s. The 527 independent groups are or will run with it, along with McCain ditching his first crippled wife and whatever other sleaze they can find.

Oh yes, Palin protecting herself from the Jews with some magic. Thing is, those knee-jerk liberals need to realize, she aint the story: McCain is the story.

The Keating Five were Senators accused in 1989 were accused of improperly aiding Charles H. Keating, Jr., chairman of the failed Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, which was the target of an investigation by the Federal Home Loan Bank Board (FHLBB).

They were Alan Cranston (D-CA), Dennis DeConcini (D-AZ), John Glenn (D-OH), John McCain (R-AZ), and Donald W. Riegle (D-MI), The result of the collapse of Lincoln Savings and Loan was that 21,000 mostly elderly investors lost their life savings. The Senate Ethics Committee determined in 1991 that Alan Cranston, Dennis DeConcini, and Donald Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB in its investigation of Lincoln Savings. Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."