Palin was chosen in order to attract some of the female votes that the Republicans calcualted had gone to Clinton during the Democratic Party primaries. That's it; that's the reason she was chosen.

Now keep this in mind. Both presidential candidates were selected by a large component of US voters through that competitive and arduous primary process. Palin was chosen by one person. McCain chose her strictly for political reasons. Plain and simple. That's judgement for ya.

Palin's answer reagrading he Vice-Presidency was almost bizarre. I find nothing in James Madison's notes of the Constitutional Convention that express the Founding Father's desire to give the Vice-Presidency "flexibility" regarding legislative agendas as she stated they did. In Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution the VP is designated as President of the Senate. However, that position is only empowered in the Constitution to cast a vote when the Senate is tied. That's it. What flexibility was she talking about and intending to take advantage of?

Last edited by olivant; 10/03/08 05:23 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."