Originally Posted By: Don Alessandrio
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I don't particularly like either presidential candidate. We need something other than "more of the same" but at the same time, we need someone with experience who won't be irresponsible in finishing what we've started (regardless of how it was started). Almost every election it seems to be the lesser of two evils. I don't think anyone is particularly trustworthy, either.

Bob Barr 2008

Imagine if Ron Paul had gotten his act together and actually ran a 3rd party campaign, or at least threw his lot fully behind Barr, instead of pissing away his relevancy by supporting the Constitutional Party nominee, after he had already endorsed "All 3rd party candidates" (including Nader).

Some of Paul's stuff is just wacky, I admit, and yet on some issues from legalizing marijuana to being the only GOP Presidential candidate this year who thought invading Iraq was wrong, I think there is some segments of that party who aren't down for the Religious Right, and were/are hungry to make their fustrations be heard, i.e. back somebody.

Will Paul, and his little own "Convention" during the 2008 RNC in Minnesota, make any difference for the 2012 GOP primaries if Obama wins?