DC, Sorry. If she can't stand the heat, then tell her to get out of the kitchen (and that's in no way meant to be sexist). Governor Palin agreed to be in the spotlight. She agreed out of ambition or out of a sense of dedication to public service, perhaps a bit of both. She had to know what she was getting into. If she can't take it, then too bad. If Senator Obama and his wife have to explain the cover of The New Yorker to their children, then I think she can handle having animal rights activists knocking at her door.

Personally, I think it's a disgrace, but it's what the campaigns come down to. It should be about the issues and her views, and how personally a voter feels about them. I am far more appalled about her devotion to a rigid and compassionless pro-life agenda than her wanting to shoot at wolves from a plane. I am far more appalled by her objection to gun control laws than her personal use of guns. I am more concerned that she believes that the war from Iraq is a holy one and that it's all part of God's plan. Personally, I believe in God. I believe He has a plan for all of us. But I'm not the President, I'm not a heartbeat away from the President, and if I were, my personal religious views should in no way, shape or form have any bearing on my decisions for the future of this country.

And, yes, Mig, I feel fairly confident that Katie Couric can name more than one case. And if she couldn't, I wouldn't be nearly as upset as I am about the fact that Governor Palin, who is running for the second highest office in the land, couldn't come up with Brown v. the Board of Education of Topeka or Plessy v. Ferguson, which I think just about any 12 year old in the USA can name.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club