Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: Mignon
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Point well taken DC, and let's hope if god forbid we have another war we allow the generals and admirals more latitude in making strategy.

Amen to that. Let the Generals on the ground do the job!

Look, as former military, let me tell you that general staff officers make as many mistakes as politicians when it comes to waging warfare. As Red Foxx once said refering to military experience, "One time I retreated so far that i backed up into a general."

Point taken olivant. However, I'll put it this way.... I'd rather have an experienced Head Coach of a football team call the plays and risk his making a mistake than having the president of the team call the plays and risking the chance of his making a mistake. Bottom line is that with the trained and experienced head coach calling the plays, the probability of your team coming out a winner is much much higher than if you have the president of the team calling the plays.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.