Originally Posted By: Freddie C.
In my opinion, McCain won the debate. The economy talk in the beginning was nothing more than the differences between Republican and Democrat ideologies. As for foreign policy, McCain clearly has way more experience than Obama and has shown that he also has better judgment.

Obviously almost everyone on here is an Obama supporter. While I think he seems like a decent enough guy (despite all his radical associations), there is no way anyone can honestly say that he is more ready/qualified to be president than John McCain. I will be voting for McCain, and I am glad that I live in a toss-up state (PA) where my vote will actually matter, unlike other states which have already been decided.

No matter who wins, I am confident that both candidates will make decisions that they think are in the country's best interest, and that's all that really matters.

Also, I find the negative comments towards Sarah Palin very unfair. You people may not agree with her side of the issues which is fine, but to totally dismiss her as being a legitimate politician is wrong.

I realize I am opening myself up to attacks from some very articulate posters, but you have to agree that this thread needs some opposing views.

Right now I am leaning towards most of what you said. However I do not feel that McCain "won" the debate. Nor do I fell that Obama "won" the debate either....no matter what polls says what. Polls are BS as far as I am concerned. Polls taken by any party could be made to reflect favorable numbers in the interest of the said party.

I think that as someone else pointed out here ( think it was Klyd) overall this was a gentlemanly debate. And as far as I am concerned it was nice to see a gentlemanly debate without mudslinging and personal attacks. BOTH men debated the issues. I respected the both of them for that. Both presented themselves as legitimate Presidential material.

In my opinion this was a very tight and close debate.

I thought that McCain had the edge over Obama when they debate went in the direction of National Security and Foreign Policy. He seemed to cause Obama to stutter a couple of times when they were talkig foreign policy.

And in all fairness, I have to give Obama the edge when thay talked domestic policy.

McCain just doesn't speak with the conviction and passion when it comes to domestic policy as he does with foreign policy....and for obvious reasons of course.

And Obama doesn't speak with the conviction and passion when it comes to foreign policy as he does with domestic policy...and for obvious reasons of course.

For the next debate, McCain needs to strengthen up on his domestic views and experiences, and Obama needs to strengthen up on his foreign policy views and experiences. I think that the one who does a better job in strengthening up in the areas that they were weak on the first time around will have a legitimate chance to actually "win" the debate hands down the second time around.

I realize that many here posted their opinion right after the debate was over and it looks as though some of these opinions were given more out of being hyped up for the respective candidates. But in truth, after letting the hype of the first debate die down a bit, and really digesting what was addressed and what took place in this debate, one will realize that neither candidate actually "beat" the other or "won" the overall debate. It was a lot closer than many will really admit.

Can't wait for the next one.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.