Freddie C. - I am so happy that you expressed your POV on this election. You do so in an intelligent and thoughtful manner. I welcome a good exchange of ideas.

Yes, I am voting for Obama. I actually wish that Senator McCain had won the nomination in 2000. I think that we would be in better shape than we are now. I think that he's probably a good, decent man, but I cannot support his candidacy for several reasons.

I think that he represents a continuation of the current administration, and that I cannot support. I also am concerned about his age. This campaign has aged him noticeably, and I can't imagine what a presidency would do to him. I am also concerned that, given his age, there is a very real chance he could die or become incapacitated in office. Therefore, his choice of VP was crucial, and I think he made a poor one.

Governor Palin may be a smart and aggressive woman (which I notice she is praised for, while Senator Clinton was vilified for the same traits), but she is not even close to ready to assume the office. I find her unworldly and unknowledgeable, and I think that she and The First Dude (I find that so trashy, btw) should stay in Alaska a few more years and get some experience under her belt before she tries a national campaign. She also believes in everything I loathe (pro-life, member of the NRA, etc.), so even if I didn't believe the above to be true, I still wouldn't vote for her.

And, btw, if anyone attacks you for expressing your views in such a thoughtful and engaging manner, then they are major jerks.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club