Nady is going to be in right field no matter what. The Yankees will not bring Abreu back, 100%, guaranteed. He wants too many years and too much money for absolutely abhorrent defense and a questionable work ethic. He did manage to perform well on offense but I think Nady, with a full year in pinstripes, should be able to better that.

And I think the Yankees are going to unload the warchest. Clearly, they'll go hard after Sabathia, no doubt, he's their biggest target. They'll offer him substantially more money than any other team. They want him bad. If Sabathia - who really wants to play on the West Coast - does not sign, they go down a notch to Sheets and Burnett. The problem is that obviously both are injury prone and thus, don't really solve the problem of having a durable ace.

I don't think Teixiera is hitting the market in earnest. The Angels are having too much success to let him get away. Even though he will, with Boras as his agent, end up as an FA, I think the Angels are going to snag him back.

If the Angels get to the World Series this year, K-Rod will stay with Los Angeles. But I would not be surprised to see Minaya go apeshit on another Latin player and sign K-Rod for an exorbitant deal. Not only would he be someone who is not named "Billy" or "Wagner," he'll be uber-effective in the NL East.