I would agree, but I would like everyone to remember that tongs were here since the first chinatowns were founded. Tongs started off well-intended enough but eventually they became the dominant force in asian-american communities.

Your dad was aroudn during that golden dragon shootout? I remember reading about that, christ thats some heavy stuff man. I'll agree that many asian gangs have been emulateing the black street gangs but lets also remember that the first "modern" asian street gangs did that automaticlly as well. It's well known that BTK did such things as well as numerous others. It's not just a question of them becomeing that NOW it's that they've been doing that, balcks seem to rule modern gang life so many emulate them. There are some "blood" and "crip" gangs that started out claiming that affiliation simpley to look tougher to their rivals who came in on the same boat.

If you want to see those old time asian traditions followed I wouldn't really look outside of the mainland/hong kong to be honest.

I will be asking the questions! Because I don't know them!