Originally Posted By: JSTony
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: JSTony
The rule that a prospective member has to be fully Italian on both their father's and mother's side was reinstated by the New York Families in the early part of the decade.

That's not true. I know of at least two guys (both sons of capos), who were "made" in the last 5 or 6 years; one's mother is Jewish, the other Irish. So obviously, the bosses still bend the rules for their own.

The official rule is that both parents of the prospective member have to be Italian. Now does the Mob skirt this rule as it has many times in the past? Yes. But it is probably only those who are well connected, like Junior Gotti was or like the sons of captains you mentioned above.

That's all I'm trying to say, JST. When it suits these guys, they'll take care of their own.

Some heavyweight wiseguys have even been able to protect their sons who "went bad." I'll use a very public example, but I'm aware of at least 3 others. I'm speaking of Michael Franzese, forsaking the mob life, writing books about it, giving lectures, etc . . . And living a VERY public life. Do you really think his father (Sonny Franzese) had nothing to do with protecting him?

There are others who are more obscure, but you get the point I'm trying to make.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.