Although through my financial advisor, I invest small amounts in the Stock market, I know little about it's inner workings. I let him do all that. These companies folding up or going under are certainly "big" names, and athough I don't know specifis, I do hear an "alarm" going off. I think the general public may not even realize how serious this could be. Most average people like myself, know of Wall St. but few understand the system. That being said, I am worried. Is this a stock market crash???? You know like 1929??? Or, is the potential there? confused

Who's fault? I don't know. Is it the mortgate companies who perhaps gave loans to anyone by stretching the rules and/or lying???? It seems to be where this started no?

One thought that comes to my mind is, "and they want to invest my socil security in the stock market?" eek With the bang up job the powers that be are doing now, I'll say no thank you.

I look forward to reading others' responses to see if most are alarmed as I am. I'm sure I'll learn a lot. At this point though, I don't know how or who can fix it.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon