Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: SC

She really looked bad on that issue.

In all fairness to her, though, I didn't hold it against her about her vagueness in answering if we (the U.S.) could cross Afghanistan's borders to pursue terrorists. I think she gave a politician's answer of "vagueness" and that same type of response could be expected from the Democrats as well.

She didn't appear comfortable and giver her "appearance" at other functions (when she had McCain at her side), I found that a little troubling.

By nominating her as a vp candidate now is like bringing up a Class A minor league pitcher to pitch in the World Series. She's just not prepared and her inexperience is showing.

Agreed, SC. How do you account for what appears to be her turning around the MCain campaign?

Hell, I'll say it. The people who will be swayed are the "fringe" white voters who were just looking for an excuse not to vote for a black man.

There, I said it. You don't have to agree with it, but that's how I feel. There is more than a little something to the "Bradley Effect." How else do you explain Obama leading handily in both the California and Massacheusetts polls on Primary Day, then losing BOTH? It's the fringe, phony, white voters, who tell the pollsters, "Yay . . goodie for him . . . he's got my vote," until it's actually time to get in the voting booth. Then they look for an excuse.

I've been on the Obama train since the beginning, as everyone here knows. But I'm not delusional. This is going to be a VERY close election. And a very tough one for Obama to pull out.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.