I'm watching a PBS station right now and it's ttitled "That's Amore - Italian American Favorites." It has original clips of Italian American artists that is bringing back such memories for me. I know all of them so far. They show some very old clips of Julius LaRosa, Rosemary Clooney, Dominco Mudungo (Volare), and a recent 92 year old Tony Martin and a the last appearance of Frankie Laine. Yet to come, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and Bobby Darin. smile

Well, maybe SB and others who were raised around that atmosphere or remember these artists, can relate. They just had Connie Francis' moving rendition of "Mama". Brought tears to my eyes. This is a real flasback for me. I am thoroughly enjoying it.
Oh, btw, Danny Aiello is the host.

TIS

Fwiw - I knew Danny Aiello was a singer, but never really heard him sing. He just sang a number and really sounded prtty good. He said that Bobby Darin influenced him, and I can tell by the song he sang.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/07/08 09:10 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon