Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I can't imagine McCain running a second term, but I don't think he's ever committed to one only. confused

Btw, has there ever been a President who, going in, says they only want to run one term???? I can't imagine it would be wise for any candidate to admit. Then again, considering McCain's age, maybe most people would find it acceptable? Then again, if they do, it show's they worry about him being too old to rule.

William Henry Harrison...who died a month after his inaguration.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Anyway, as far as Palin goes, she is he "Obama" of the Republican party (at least I think that's how the Republicans feel). She's peaked IMHO, but holding back from interiews is only buying time. There has to be a reason......and we know what that must be. Bottom line, thus far, it still looks like a very very close race.

TIS

Two reasons why:

(1) She's practically become the star of the GOP ticket, and not McCain. They probably want him to be "the guy" again and regain the spotlight you know?

(2) Perhaps she may fold like a deck of cards under serious questions of foreign or domestic policy, or that she maybe seen as an airhead or worse, she'll say something that'll piss off McCain-lean voters with something like: "Victims of rape should be forced to bear their rapist's child."