Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
...As for your hypothesis....wasn't the bomb that was Dukakis a Governor too? ...

Yes, he was. And I'm not saying that ALL Governors who seek the Presidency succeed. However it's a historical FACT...not a hypothesis...that more sitting or former Governors have been elected President than sitting Senators.

This year, a Senator will definitely be elected President.
It was a great move for McCain to put on his ticket a sitting Governor, a current Chief Executive of a HUGE State...instead of going for another Senator.

Apple

ps - Yet another Governor to be elected President in 'recent' history...Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

A question I ask you Apple, and I want you to answer completely and honestly:

Which candidate you prefer, McCain or Palin?

Also, you supporting McCain who was a leader of that failed attempt on that so-trashed "Amnesty Bill" 2 years ago, who led and got a bill passed condemning the Bush Administration for not following the Geneva Convention on torture, the McCain/Feingold Campaign Finance "Reform" that's not really worked as good as hoped, and against banning gay marriage?

I'm just trying to understand that a conservative like yourself is voting for a moderate who at times has gone contrary to your ideological parameters.

The best question of all...are you voting more for McCain, or more against Obama?