Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: Mignon

Maybe it's just me but It seems to me the media leans toward the left.

It's not just you. I believe there is a general media bias towards the left although there are conservative media outlets, like FoxNews.

I'm a former journalist. My experience tells me that reporters and editors who work on the news pages don't have a "liberal" or "conservative" bias--they have a bias toward cynicism and know-it-all attitudes. They think it's essential for the media to react critically and cynically to all people in authority, especially Presidents.

Since the GOP has held the White House for 36 of the last 55 years, more cynicism and criticism has landed on Republican Presidents than on Democrats. But just consider: the last Democrat who was treated well by the media was JFK. His successor, LBJ, was probably the most-hated by the media until W. No one in the media liked Carter, and the Clintons got their ass handed to them re. Travelgate, Whitewater and Monica.

The conventional wisdom now is that the media are in love with Obama. Well, the media spun the flap over Jeremiah Wright for a couple of months, and it almost derailed the Obama campaign. Meanwhile, McCain avidly sought and welcomed the support of Rev. John Hagee, the gay- and Catholic-basher; and dumped him only after Hagee made some totally outrageous remark about Hitler and Israel. That flap played in the media for less than 24 hours.

Last edited by Turnbull; 09/03/08 06:24 PM.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.