One of the critical elements of good drama is to provide comic relief one way or another I have a few examples, and then we'll see where the topic goes.

1. The baker in GFI - His amazement that Vito figures out that the favor he wants is to keep Enzo in the country so he can marry his daughter, followed by his carrying on about the cake he has made as he is literally pushed out the door.

2. Fredo's famous hop and arm waving as the band strikes up "For He's A Jolly Good Fellow" in Vegas.

3. The landlord in GFII when he is groveling in Vito's office.

4. Vincent's smart-ass remarks to Grace after he kills the two goons in his apartment.

and (drum roll) my favorite bit of comic relief in the entire trilogy..

MERLE. He is such a total loser you have to laugh. I love the way Michael treats him, acting like he isn't even in the room. Paraphrasing ... I don't know this Merle, I don't know what he lives on, but tell him marriage is out of the question, I'm sure he'll understand." What a hoot. Michael, who never misses an opportunity to confront people does a 180 with Merle and simply refuses to acknowledge him as a human being. And you've got to wonder...what ever became of Merle?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."