Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
...You can't dscount the longetivity in W's family. I mean, his mother, Barbara, looked 100 when she was 50...

It's fairly well known George Bush Sr. and Barbara Bush lost their daughter Robin to leukemia at age 3. I remember reading a quote from a friend of theirs at the time who said that after Robin's death, Barbara's hair 'literally turned white' within a few weeks. In addition, Mrs. Bush admitted in interviews years later that she began to fall into a deep depression, which she would've been quite content to wallow in...and forced herself back only because she knew her other children needed her. Also, she's on record saying that like Mike Wallace and others, she's suffered from chronic depression for many years.

So while Barbara Bush may not ever have been what we might call a beauty queen...I think there were personal circumstances that may have contributed to her looking 100 by age 50.

Apple

ps - But I do remember that Phil Hartman sketch. It was absolutely hilarious, and so was he.

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 08/26/08 06:56 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON