No they wouldn't. Hughes is still untouchable. If it had been just Kennedy and Melky, I think that would have been an instantaneous deal. Unfortunately for the Yankees, the Twins played hard ball and in the end, tried to hornswaggle the Sox and the Yanks. I would say the Twins got the short end of the deal considering three of the four players in that deal will likely never make an impact at the major league level, but the Twins are playing great baseball in spite of losing Hunter (who everyone called me retarded for saying the Yankees should sign but now regrets not signing) and Santana. In my opinion, at this point in the season, Hunter would have had a bigger impact than Santana, considering the dismal run support the Yankee offense has given pitchers.

3 a-level prospects (the "Prospect" in question was allegedly either Austin Jackson, the Yankees #1 AA outfield prospect, or Mark Melancon, the Yankees #1 AA-AAA relief prospect and planned heir apparent of Rivera) and your starting center fielder for a player asking for a $100-million plus pitcher is too much, especially when you look at what the Mets gave up in the end, which was a "nice" player in Gomez who could be an average-to-good outfielder and three no-name prospects.