Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: olivant
I'm almost convinced that McCain has to pick Ridge to enhance his chance of picking up PA's 21 electoral votes. Obama? Either Richardson or Biden.

I can't say what Ridge as a VP candidate will do nationwide, but it will win Pennsylvania for McCain. Otherwise, I think Obama will carry the commonwealth in a fairly close race.

There is always a problem when you pick someone simply to try to win a state, one that may or may not go to Obama regardless of your VP.

I mean, using this logic that Olivant is pimping, why doesn't McCain simply try to score Pawlenty (Minnesota) or Crist (Florida)?

Pimping, huh?

Both Minnesota and Pennsylvania went Democratic in '04. Ridge is nationally known and is Catholic. In addition, he is pro-choice. Thus, he is a much stronger potential vote-getter for McCain. Pawlenty doesn't have a national reputation, is evamgelical, and is pro-life. McCain already has the great majority of evangelicals and pro-life support. Florida went Republican in '04. Chris wouldn't be much of an advantage.

At this point, McCain is trailing in electoral votes. He needs states such as Pennsylvania to catch up.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."