GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 579 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,418
Posts1,060,587
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 59 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 58 59
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #500746
07/19/08 07:53 AM
07/19/08 07:53 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Billy Joel gave the final concert performance at Shea Stadium last night (the Mets will start playing in a new ballpark next year). From all accounts I've seen, it was a fitting farewell to Shea.

The first concert given there? The Beatles (in 1965). (Paul McCartney joined Billy on stage last night).

Quite a beginning and end.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #503020
08/05/08 09:58 PM
08/05/08 09:58 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
This town, headquarters of the World's Stupidest Criminals, now is joined by the World's Dumbest Victims:

Local paper reported today that a home in Mayer (near here) was burglarized by four youths aged 19-21. They broke in and removed $170,000 that the owner kept in an unlocked file cabinet. Leader of the perps was the owner's nephew--the owner noticed that the kid was wearing new threads and expensive shoes. Seems the four kids hit the file cabinet twice, then split for Phoenix, for a four-day binge of strip clubs, clothing and electronics shopping, and, oh yes, each bought a $14k Honda motorcycle--for cash.

Ladies and gentlemen, a big DUH-H-H-H for all! tongue

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Turnbull] #504969
08/17/08 08:18 AM
08/17/08 08:18 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

Bus service is starting soon, take a ride to Chicago for $7.50! You might spend that or more on your own gas, plus parking....

The buses will have WiFi, satellite television and electric outlets available, as well as a bike rack on the front.

Quote:
August 15, 2008
Recommend (1)

By James D. Wolf Jr. Post-Tribune correspondent

VALPARAISO -- Bus service to Chicago should officially start Oct. 6, with two trips to the Loop area and two trips back.

However, for those who want to begin riding the recently named Chicago Dash as soon as possible, the service will begin trial runs earlier.

"We anticipate a soft opening, like with a restaurant, the last week of September," Redevelopment Commission Executive Director Stu Summers said.

A contract with Free Enterprise Systems calls for service at a one-way fare of $7.50

Summers told the Board of Works on Thursday that tickets would need to be purchased in advance and that seats would be reserved.

Unlike a commuter train, "you can't have standing room only on the bus," Summers said.

Monthly passes won't be available, he said.

City Attorney David Hollenbeck lauded the prepurchase idea because the bus service for Fishers to Indianapolis has had trouble with people trying to board the last bus and finding they have no way home.

People would be able to purchase tickets online and print them out, purchase them from a kiosk at the Valparaiso station or, if there's room, from the bus driver by credit or debit card.

But that's not recommended, according to an e-mail Mayor Jon Costas sent out to prospective riders.

The buses will leave the Valparaiso station, at the Franklin House, at the intersection of Indiana Avenue and Campbell Street, at 5:45 a.m. and 6:15 a.m.

Each bus stops in Chicago at Congress Parkway and Wells Street with return pickups at 5 and 5:50 p.m.; LaSalle Avenue and Wacker Drive, pickups at 4:47 and 5:37 p.m.; and Michigan Avenue and Randolph Street, with a return pickup at 5:20 p.m.

The buses will have WiFi, satellite television and electric outlets available, as well as a bike rack on the front.

Also at the meeting, City Engineer David Pilz received an OK to ask the Indiana Department of Transportation to allow parking on the south side of Lincolnway.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #504970
08/17/08 09:02 AM
08/17/08 09:02 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
A girl, who graduated from our local high school, won the bronze in the heptathalon.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #504986
08/17/08 11:45 AM
08/17/08 11:45 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Originally Posted By: klydon1
A girl, who graduated from our local high school, won the bronze in the heptathalon.
A girl from Plano, Texas won a gold. That is very close to my place.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #505298
08/19/08 03:30 PM
08/19/08 03:30 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK

Oh Klyd, what was her name again?

I watched a fair bit of the heptathlon because GB had Kelly Sotherton going and she was tipped to do well.

She only came fifth,but i remember the US girl caught my eye....but now i can't recall her name crazy

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #505299
08/19/08 03:34 PM
08/19/08 03:34 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Hyleas Fountain.....

Came to me in a flash!

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #505314
08/19/08 10:28 PM
08/19/08 10:28 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Hyleas Fountain.....

Came to me in a flash!

That's the girl. Our neck of the woods is planning a big homecoming party for her when she comes back.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #505587
08/21/08 06:02 PM
08/21/08 06:02 PM
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

By Emily S. Achenbaum | Chicago Tribune reporter
9:47 AM CDT, August 21, 2008

Ever head to Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and feel a calming mood wash over you?

Perhaps that peaceful feeling came from the soft sand and the lapping waves of Lake Michigan.

Perhaps not. The National Park Service on Thursday announced the park is home to another naturally soothing resource: marijuana plants.

Rangers and local law enforcement said the recently discovered plants appear to be wild instead of cultivated, and are growing throughout the park and on adjacent property. In a news release, the park service said it was working with local law enforcement to find and destroy as many of the plants as possible Thursday.

Officials said they aren't sure yet just how many plants are in the 15,000-acre park in northwest Indiana. And—in a straight-faced move—they're asking for the public's help in finding it.

If you find wild marijuana growing in the park, officials ask that you call 800-PARK-TIP.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #505711
08/22/08 02:51 PM
08/22/08 02:51 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Our local girl's (Hyleas Fountain) medal in the decathlon turned from bronze to silver as one of the other competitor's blood test revealed the presence of a banned substance. At this rate maybe she'll get a gold by the time she comes home.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #505797
08/23/08 11:27 AM
08/23/08 11:27 AM
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

ops remove 10,000 pot plants

August 23, 2008
Recommend

By Jane Huh Post-Tribune staff writer

More than 10,000 marijuana plants were found at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore this week, according to Chief Ranger Mike Bremer.

The plants, some as high as 12 feet, had been growing on land that's the size of a football field. The plants have an estimated street value of $8 million, according to law enforcement estimates.

Officials declined to disclose the specific location of the area where the plants were grown and where the collected plants are being stored.

"We don't want to encourage people looking for it," said Bruce Rowe, park public information officer.

The general vicinity is under the jurisdictions of the city of Portage and the national lakeshore, Portage Police Chief Mark Becker said.

The plants were growing in a wildlife area but close enough to public areas that people could come across it, Becker said.

On Thursday, about 30 officials from the National Park Service, Burns Harbor and Portage began the three-day search-and-destroy operation.

The Lake County Sheriff's Department also assisted with its helicopter to scan the land to "get an idea of the type of problem we have," Becker said.

The plants sprouted from rich soil that's conducive to sustain large vegetation, Becker said.

The initial plan was to incinerate the plants in a furnace. But that plan changed because the quantity gathered -- five dump trucks full -- by Thursday was much greater than expected.

The plants will be burned outside after the plants dry out.

"They're stored in a secured area," Rowe said. "The plants have too much moisture in them to burn."

Other than the park's duty to remove illegal substances, Rowe said the operation is about protecting the public.

He said there have been cases, including parks in the West, in which some people have set up booby traps and other contraptions to harvest and guard the plants, posing a danger to hikers and passers-by.

"It's unlikely, but it has happened at national parks throughout the country," Rowe said.

No arrests are anticipated.

"There's nothing criminal in nature here," Becker said, "no evidence that somebody was maintaining this field."

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #506018
08/24/08 03:26 PM
08/24/08 03:26 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Our local girl's (Hyleas Fountain) medal in the decathlon turned from bronze to silver as one of the other competitor's blood test revealed the presence of a banned substance. At this rate maybe she'll get a gold by the time she comes home.

Well Klyd, they were both Ukranians who finished above her so they may have been sharing the same gear lol

Seriously though, the one who has been caught,Blonska, has been banned before....

Kick her out for life mad

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #508333
09/06/08 02:42 AM
09/06/08 02:42 AM
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

Originally Posted By: nwitimes.com
VALPARAISO | Flashing red and blue lights lit up U.S. 30 and Ind. 49 on Friday morning as more than a dozen officers swarmed the highways to send a message to motorists who speed, run red lights and fail to use truck lanes.

The crackdown -- which came after truck drivers caused fatal accidents recently on both highways -- drew 14 Indiana State Police troopers and Valparaiso police officers, some driving unmarked Ford Mustangs. Together, they issued 79 tickets and warnings in three hours.

Police said they caught people going as fast as 80 mph and running the same red lights where fatal crashes have occurred. One truck was towed because the driver had a revoked license.

"I think it went well. We're appreciative of the state police coming out and working with us," Valparaiso police Sgt. Michael Grennes said of the blitz.

"All in all, it showed a presence," he said.

Valparaiso police, who used an Indiana aggressive driving grant to pay for the extra officers working the crackdown, plan to do large enforcement blitzes every month and increase their daily presence.

"One shot will not be effective. This is something we're going to have to continue to do," said Valparaiso police Sgt. Philip Spence. "The goal is to get people slowing down, getting them stopped for the stoplights in time.

"Two fatalities is too many."

Spence stopped several motorists during Friday's blitz, including trucker Angel L. Hernandez Jr., 33, of Montgomery, Ill., for failing to use the truck lane on U.S. 30, police said. They also said they stopped trucker Gerardo Gonzalez, 32, of Chicago, for running a red light on Ind. 49.

Gonzalez, who was driving through Valparaiso recently and saw the aftermath of a fatal accident, said being caught in Friday's police blitz will make him a more cautious driver in the future.

Hernandez agreed.

"I think the police are doing a good job," he said. "If we're not being safe, we can have an accident."

79 tickets and warnings in three hours. Yikes!

Last edited by Longneck; 09/06/08 02:43 AM.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #508784
09/09/08 04:07 PM
09/09/08 04:07 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
All the torrential rain we have been having has led to severe floods in the rural towns outside of Newcastle!

A months rain fell in 2 days ohwell

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #509355
09/13/08 03:59 PM
09/13/08 03:59 PM
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

Lots of rain here too, Yogi Bear.

Quote:
A romantic at heart, Jacint Calderazzo looked forward to seeing if sparks still flew between him and Lillian Beattie, his former fiancee, after 60 years apart. He never got a chance to find out if Cupid had struck a second time. Calderazzo, 88, of Valparaiso died early Friday from injuries he suffered during a carjacking on Chicago's South Side that took place Sunday while he was on his way to pick up Beattie at Midway Airport.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #511579
09/25/08 07:58 AM
09/25/08 07:58 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
A lot of excitement here this morning.

At 2 am a driver, trying to elude a state trooper after running a red light, had an accident less than a half mile from my house. The driver took off by foot, and a subsequent investigation revealed the dead body of a young woman.

The police have secured a perimeter and police helicopters have been buzzing around all morning. My wife's business and daughter's school are filled with tv trucks. I went through my wife's building (she owns a Montessori school/daycare) and spoke to a friend of mine, a township policeman, who stopped by.

The district schools have a 2 hour delay as the suspect, who has a significant criminal history and is deemed dangerous, is not yet caught.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #511581
09/25/08 08:15 AM
09/25/08 08:15 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Wow Kly, you have all the excitement. Talk about right in your backyard hu? I hope all turns out well.

Ya think this guy needs a good lawyer? wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #511583
09/25/08 08:27 AM
09/25/08 08:27 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
That is exciting and scary at the same time. I hope they find the guy.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #511593
09/25/08 09:25 AM
09/25/08 09:25 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Wow Kly, you have all the excitement. Talk about right in your backyard hu? I hope all turns out well.

Ya think this guy needs a good lawyer? wink

TIS

I'll give him my card. wink

An update:

About an hour ago it was reported that a silver Cadillac belonging to a guy, who lives up the road from me, had been stolen. It is presumed that the suspect, Julio Laras, took it and fled. He is from Lebanon, PA

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #511600
09/25/08 09:46 AM
09/25/08 09:46 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I also forgot to add that Julio ignored the #1 rule when you're driving with a murdered woman:

Do not run stop signs or red lights.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #511606
09/25/08 10:04 AM
09/25/08 10:04 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Klyd, that is pretty scary. Is your wife's nursery school closed down for the day? I think I'd be imagining every creak in the house to be this guy!!! And why do they always get pulled over for stupid crap, like running a red or having a broken tail-light??

That reminds me of the guy who lived about an hour north of my house. Guy killed his wife, propped her up in the car with a hat and sunglasses on so that she appeared to be sleeping, and then drove down a toll road to a Caldor's shopping center near my house. He put her body in the dumpster, parked her car in the parking lot, called a cab, took a cab ride one hour upstate (like there was no way a cabbie was going to remember that fare rolleyes), walked in the house, called the police and told them that his wife never came home from a day of shopping at Caldor's. Between the tolltakers who remembered him driving through with her "sleeping" next to him and the cabbie, the police put two and two together pretty quickly.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #511609
09/25/08 10:42 AM
09/25/08 10:42 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Wow Klyd eek

Never a dull moment round your way eh?

As for me. Sitting on my couch on the laptop. Wife is out drinking coffee with her chums next door and the kids have come home from school like whirlwinds wanting to play out cos the weather is nice!

So just as exciting as your news really Klyd whistle

lol lol

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #511687
09/25/08 04:31 PM
09/25/08 04:31 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Klyd, that is pretty scary. Is your wife's nursery school closed down for the day? I think I'd be imagining every creak in the house to be this guy!!! And why do they always get pulled over for stupid crap, like running a red or having a broken tail-light??

That reminds me of the guy who lived about an hour north of my house. Guy killed his wife, propped her up in the car with a hat and sunglasses on so that she appeared to be sleeping, and then drove down a toll road to a Caldor's shopping center near my house. He put her body in the dumpster, parked her car in the parking lot, called a cab, took a cab ride one hour upstate (like there was no way a cabbie was going to remember that fare rolleyes), walked in the house, called the police and told them that his wife never came home from a day of shopping at Caldor's. Between the tolltakers who remembered him driving through with her "sleeping" next to him and the cabbie, the police put two and two together pretty quickly.

Wow, he didn't plan too well.

My wife's business was open today. My daughter's school, which is across the street, originally closed, but then changed it to a two hour delay. The suspect is still at large. It was confirmed that the woman was murdered in her home last night - 30 miles from where the accident occurred. It's just a matter of time before they get him.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #512657
09/30/08 08:46 PM
09/30/08 08:46 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
Originally Posted By: Central Florida News 13

PALM BAY -- Police have arrested a teenager for the murder of a 58-year-old woman.

Patricia Kaliszeski was found dead by her ex-husband on Friday with several stab wounds.

Investigators arrested Alan Tanguay, 16, Monday morning and charged him with first-degree murder.

Palm Bay police said two witnesses put Tanguay at the scene and said he admitted to killing Kaliszeski.

According to police, witnesses said Tanguay told them details of the crime only the killer would know. They said he claimed he entered the home between Thursday night and early Friday morning, found Kaliszeski sitting on the bed and then stabbed her and cut her throat.

Witnesses also told police Tanguay said he has a rule to kill anyone he finds in a house when he breaks into them.

Investigators said the teen stole $6 from Kaliszeski's house which he used to buy beer.

This... Monster, Alan Tanguay, I knew him, he is... was my cousin's Boyfriend... I ate dinner with him. I just don't know what to say. My Cousin, she is having a Nervous Breakdown frown

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Santino Brasi] #512665
09/30/08 09:15 PM
09/30/08 09:15 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I am sorry to hear this Santino. He murdered a woman for 6 bucks? When you had dinner with him did you think anything strange about him?

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Mignon] #512666
09/30/08 09:16 PM
09/30/08 09:16 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
No, he was funny, polite, everything

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Santino Brasi] #512668
09/30/08 09:19 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
What a waste. Two lives lost now. Give my best to your Cousin.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Mignon] #512669
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
Grazie, I am uploading the News Report on Youtube, as soon as it finishes I will post it here

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Santino Brasi] #512684
09/30/08 10:21 PM
09/30/08 10:21 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Santino Brasi] #514342
10/07/08 08:26 PM
10/07/08 08:26 PM
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

Originally Posted By: Post Tribune
VALPARAISO -- A Porter County lawyer allowed a client to paint the inside of her Valparaiso home in exchange for the attorney services, but the man ended up robbing her.

Patrick J. Hegedus, 42, has been accused of stealing $18,755 worth of jewelry, cash and a bottle of Captain Morgan rum while painting the home from July 21 to 23.

He has been charged with felony theft and faces up to three years in prison if convicted.

According to court records, Jo Anne Lohmeyer returned home July 23 and found Hegedus and his girlfriend there. Lohmeyer told him he couldn't have friends there, then after he left, she discovered jewelry was missing, including two rings, a diamond tennis bracelet and a gold necklace. She also found that $2,000 cash and two car keys were missing.

The girlfriend told police she was helping two days and had mentioned she liked Captain Morgan when she saw the bottle there.

That night, he brought her a bottle and showed the bracelet and necklace to her and told his girlfriend's father the two rings belonged to his ex-wife.

When the rings showed up in a local pawn shop, an appraiser recognized one.

Lohmeyer had been Hegedus' attorney for his July 2007 divorce and protective order against his wife.

Page 7 of 59 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 58 59

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull