Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Really? Not a fan of the new album? I'm listening to Alone right now (only the second time I've heard it) and it's good - not great. I've only listened to the Red Album once and will be listening to it again soon.

I thought Make Believe is horrible, and The Red Album is just comical... A lot of people aren't really up on it, but there are a few tracks on the new album (particularly "The Greatest Man that Ever Lived") in which Rivers intentionally set out to make a bad song. Like that song, I read an interview where he said the whole point was to use every rock cliche out there in one song. The album partially serves as a joke, in which the fans of it are the butt of it all.

I mean, even the cover implies it wasn't a serious release.

Like I said earlier, The Blue Album is a classic, but the band has gone downhill since Matt Sharpe left the band.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 08/16/08 04:03 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."