Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I didn't see this mentioned here and I don't know how many political "geeks" there are on the BB, tongue but......Obama's website is sending it's member's an e-mail with the chance to hear via text message on your cell phone who his VP choice will be. (you can hear via e-mail too) How cool is that? cool

Granted, it may leak out before that, but supposedly, he will do it via text message/e-mail to the site's members just before he announces it. What an original concept. Anyway, I think it's really neat.

TIS

It is a good idea, TIS. If you think about it, it's almost a veiled swipe at McCain for being an out of touch "old man," being that Obama's people thought of it first. It's like they're saying, Hey, step into the 21st century. I mean, think about it, do you know many people in their 70's who even know what a text message is? Hell, most of them don't even know how to email.

Don't get me wrong, that alone wouldn't be a good enough reason to vote for anyone, but it's just another example of Obama being more "hip" than McCain.

Speaking of McCain. I think he's going to pick Ridge, and I have to admit, that's not a bad ticket. I also have to admit that I would have voted for that tandem had McCain gotten the nomination over Bush back in 2000.

I also think this situation with Russia and Georgia is going to give Mccain a boost; for how long is anyone's guess.

For the first time, I really think it's going to be a tight race. Obama has to start talking about more than just "change" right now. Mark Penn (Hillary's boy) recently remarked that, "just a 5 point swing can turn an Obama victory into a McCain landslide." Granted, it was a jealous, stupid thing to say, due to his very public chuminess with Hillary, but it's probably not too far from the truth.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.