Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: svsg
PB, can you post a link? I could find only news clips about the ad on youtube, not the ad itself.

Part of it is on Youtube. Click Here

I can't see how this ad campaign can help McCain. He's basically sending a message that Obama is a star and generates excitement while McCain is dull. The ad projects a vibrancy about Obama while MCain comes off as bitter and unhip. This accentuates the age gap, which I don't think is a good idea for McCain.

Ready to lead on Day One? Well, the American people will decide that.

I think that Obama is trying to conserve resources and message until the Democratic Convention when he and the Party will unleash a storm of ads and campaigning against McCain - sort of a September surprise. Repeatedly, political pundits will state that independents are not paying much attention and won't until after the conventions. Obama may be hoping that McCain will punch himself out between now and then.

McCain's recent ads are meant to firm up his Republican base and distract people generally from negative economic news. One of them has a decidedly religious theme and is meant to remind some of the audience of the interpreted message of The Book of Revelation.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."