Originally Posted By: olivant
None of you who criticize high gasoline prices ever state just what the price of gasoline should be. Some of you state that you are paying well over $4 per gallon. I just paid $3.67 per gallon. So, what should the price be. Would you be satisfied with $3.67 per gallon? If so, since I'm already paying that much, how much shold I be paying? $3.47? $3.25? How about last year's lowest price? What is the formula?

To whom does Exxon have a fiduciary responsibility? Why does Exxon or anyone who has something to sell owe you anything?

I'm not an economist so I can't figure out the perfect number/price, but stable and predictable energy prices are in the national interest and it's a valid place for government intervention to remove the speculators from the equation.

HOWEVER, I'm not completely for the intervention. The speculators are FORCING people to start thinking about these issues before they actually hit. It is accepted that India and China along with South East Asia will start increasing their demand for oil. Thus we need alternatives NOW before this happens.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"