Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az-XhTBnlOc

2:23 makes me laugh so much.

I know, me too! grin My favorite moment from that movie.
(Again, Great Scott, our musical and movie tastes converge!)

And TIS, that's a great clip from the Beach Boys' later years. All of the Boys are in attendance, too. That would have been a few yrs before brother Dennis' death.

And I assure you, they are still as influential as they ever were - perhaps even more so. The band of course went through many variations and lineups in their 40+ years, stemming from the mental illness and social isolation of leader Brian Wilson. I've been posting songs from their earlier yrs but it's their more psychedelic sounds, starting with the album Pet Sounds, that still resonate today with younger musicians.

And did you know, TIS, that their best and most heralded album is one that took almost 40 yrs to complete? Making Brian Wilson's original 1966 Smile album one of the most sought after bootlegs in the world. And really it's Wilson that every Beach Boy fan is forever in pursuit of, trying to find those rare and unseen clips from the 70's where Wilson would emerge from his solitude and appear with the band. He was still very mentally 'unstable' for many yrs, and even today he shields and shadows himself from the band and society in general - always the mystery man, lurking in the shadows.

You can read more at the Beach Boys BB and there's also a rather huge thread ongoing on Capo's board. (I can't find the address for the BB at the moment, but there's a plethora of fan sites as well.)

Beach Boys at FCM

And here's a tune that would have been included on Smile, but was instead apart of the Sunflower album.

The Beach Boys - "Cool, Cool, Water" (LIVE)