Originally Posted By: Kaywells
Great ideas - but do you think it will really happen? Reading up on net articles, looks like because of the death of M. Puzo, there will be no Godfather IV. Also, interviews with Capollo reveal the same info. Would be great to have a remake - how can we persuade the powers that "B" to do it? Anyone have any connections....comments fine, but w/out power to do anything, mostly just hot air. As a writer/editor, I think previous thoughts on the new IV (via net articles) sounded good, but what about really twisting the plot to make it possible for a V, VI and so on. What would Puzo want, who would carry on with his ideas.... Anyone read the book? That's the starting place, with the young ones carrying on the family name (plot involves family) - Vinnie might fare better with a real Mary (also Anthony) - why not "resurrect" Mary, per Vincent's secret. Remember that everything is done in secret and your enemy's cant know what you are plotting or thinking....think about that one!

There have been so many negative opinions about the plot of GFIII expressed that filming a GFIV seems risky from a plot view. There was continuity between I & II, but as many have expressed, III was a contrivance. Would IV escape contrivance that goes beyond what one normally expects from fiction?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."