Love the Marte/Nady trade. We gave up virtually nothing except Tabata (who is underperforming and has serious attitude problems in AA) and Ohlendorf who looked like a AAAA player at best. Nady is one of the hottest hitters in the league right now, and even if he regresses to his statistical average, his fielding and insane numbers against left handers more than make up for his .280's ish average lifetime. Plus, I'll take anybody in Right Field besides Bobby Abreu. If Abreu declines arbitration next year we'll get two compensatory draft picks, which should be great. I wouldn't be surprised if Minaya picks up Abreu for the Mets.

Marte is just an added bonus, he has sick stuff and will be a nice way to keep Farnsworth out of close games (see last night). Considering we once traded him when he was a farmhand for Enrique Wilson, I'm glad we got him back as part of this deal.

Also, for those who are upset we didn't get Bay...Bay is below average outfielder defensively, and Nady is 29 and seems to (hopefully) hit his prime. Bay's price tag probably would have been Hughes - he and McClouth basically ARE the Pirates at this point. Hopefully Nady has found his niche and will be a nice Scott Brosius type as the Yankees make this second half push, and possibly someone who could be our right fielder for the next few years.