Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Ms. Atkins still gets a far better deal and far more compassion than HER victims received.

Apple

Yeah, because dying a slow painful death in a prison hospital where no one cares about you is a lot different than dying a slow painful death in a room where no one cares about you.

I'm sure that she'll be kept medicated to minimize the pain. She'll die surrounded by her loved ones, or at least be allowed to say her goodbyes to them. She'll have time to make her peace with her past before she dies.

That's certainly better than being held down and knifed to death while you plead for your life and/or the life of your baby, all time being told by your killers, "Shut up, bitch."

As for the families having or not having input, I understand the idea of it destroying objectivity. However, during sentencing, the families of criminals are allowed to plead for them. What does that do to objectivity?

I truly believe that too often the rights of defendants are trampled. However, I think that we too often forget that crimes have victims, and that those victims should have rights, too.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club