Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I just think that the victims and their families need to be given more rights and consideration in the judicial process than they currently receive. I think that they should have input on whether she's released or not.

If we let the victims and their families control these aspects of the judicial system, we wouldn't have justice, we would have revenge. It would not be a fair and constitutionally supervised system... not that it particularly is now. It would be chaos. It's human nature to feel as if you're owed something and to want revenge, but you can only go so far before there are more important issues and ethics at hand.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."