BDD,

I read that book when it first came out and yes it was really gripping and gruesome.

I saw the news story on Atkins and they had pro and con commentators as far as her release goes. You're right, she has brain cancer, one leg and is not in good shape at all.

However, they played a clip of her after her capture and she was calmly describing how she killed Tate and how the whole time she was mutilating her, said (and I quote) "I looked her her face and felt absolutely nothing for her" calmly and coldly. I thought then and there, what a refresher course. Yea, let this be part of her punishment. She showed no mercy, give her none.

That being said I do kind of feel for her family (although I know nothing about them. Maybe they're wackos, I don't know). Strictly from that viewpoint, I can see where the family would want her to die at home.

I'll never forget when that happened and how the news showed and described the blood all over the place. Scarey and very shocking. eek

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon