More of a brewing mshap than a cooking mishap.

When I got my first espresso maker about 20 years ago (my how time flies), we had a coule over for dinner and I was going to show off my espreso making skills (of course this was going to be the second time I made espresso.

Anyway, as you know some of the older machines (and curent ones) have a metal filter with minute holes in which the pressure forces the water through the filter. For mine you had to slide the filter up and "screw" it on.

So I load er up and the pressure is building and then boom! it explodes! Evidently I did not have it on tight enough and the pressure forced it open.

Coffee and ground were everywhere and I swear 20 years later I am still removing grounds from my ears. I fortunately was about 10 feet away or I woud have been nailed and prbably hurt. It blew a hole in the wall and we also had one of those "popcorn" type ceilings -- try cleaning coffee and grounds fro one of those babies.

After the explosion and realization that no one was injured all we could do was laugh and then.... go down the stret to the coffee house for some espresso.