GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (m2w, 2 invisible), 736 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,592
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,537
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,460
Posts1,061,329
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Getting to Know You 3 #498767
07/10/08 12:14 PM
07/10/08 12:14 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline OP
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline OP

Gateshead, UK
Click to reveal..
Do you have any pets? If so, what kind, and what are their names?

Who’s your favorite musician (singer or otherwise)?

What song would you most like to perform, or what band would you most like to perform with? (ignoring factors of embarrassment or lack of talent, which would stand in my way…haha)

If you had a time machine, what time in your life would you travel back to? Would you change something, or want to relive something?

If you had a time machine (assuming you’re still in the Twilight Zone for the moment), what time period before your lifetime would you travel to? Would you rather have lived during that time, or would you just want to “visit” it?

What is your favorite time of the day?

What is your favorite time of the year (month or season)?

Are you still living in the same place you were born? If not, how many different places have you lived?

What is your favorite genre of movies?

Who is your favorite author/writer (books, newspaper journalists, etc.)?

What is your favorite set of colors, ones that you like together?

As a kid, did you enjoy school, deal with it, or hate it?

Which year of school did you enjoy most?

What animal are you most afraid of?

What is your dream car?

Who do you feel closest to, that you know best and can rely on for trust and support – a family member or a friend? If a friend, how long have you know him/her?

Who’s your favorite comedian?

What was your first job?

Are you an early bird, a night owl, or somewhere between?

What is a trait or a skill that you appreciate in others?

What was something you got in trouble for as a kid?

Who would you say you have learned the most ‘life lessons’ from?

Do you like the weather/climate of where you live?

What languages do you speak? What languages do you wish you knew, or would like to learn?

How do you like to spend your free time?

Tell us about a possession of yours that has sentimental value to you.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #498805
07/10/08 01:28 PM
07/10/08 01:28 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

Dog named Angel, Cat named Stella, Bird named Shirley and a fish named Sheldon (Mark and Tyrone recently passed)

Who’s your favorite musician (singer or otherwise)? Really tough. I don't know if I could narrow it to one.

What song would you most like to perform, or what band would you most like to perform with? (ignoring factors of embarrassment or lack of talent, which would stand in my way…haha)

Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"

If you had a time machine, what time in your life would you travel back to? Would you change something, or want to relive something?

The past is past. No point in reliving it.

If you had a time machine (assuming you’re still in the Twilight Zone for the moment), what time period before your lifetime would you travel to? Would you rather have lived during that time, or would you just want to “visit” it?

The 1940s. I loved the clothes and music, plus I would get to see my parents when they were young.

What is your favorite time of the day? Right after dinner, when all the chores are done.

June

Are you still living in the same place you were born? If not, how many different places have you lived?

Six homes, but all were within one hour from where I was born.

What is your favorite genre of movies? I don't really have one.

Ayn Rand.

Pink and Grey, and Red with Yellow. I also love to wear Black and White together in the summer.

Enjoyed it.

2nd grade.

Water bugs.

What is your dream car?
Ferrari

Who do you feel closest to, that you know best and can rely on for trust and support – a family member or a friend? If a friend, how long have you know him/her?
Mr. Babe
Don't have a favorite

What was your first job?
Cashier in a supermarket. It sucked.

Somewhere between.

Any creative/artistic skills. I've always wished I could paint or draw, but I have zero talent in that area, so I really admire it in others.

What was something you got in trouble for as a kid? Breaking my brother's Magic 8 Ball.

Mom

Very much, although as I get older, the winters seem longer.

What languages do you speak? What languages do you wish you knew, or would like to learn?
I speak some Italian, and wish I could speak it better.

Lounging next to the pool with a good book.

My dad's pocket watch.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: svsg] #498845
07/10/08 02:44 PM
07/10/08 02:44 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
MY OWN REPLY RE-COPIED

A 17 year old cat, OzzieBoy.

Frank Sinatra.

"It Was a Very Good Year".

Good question. I'd like to go back to when I was ten years old and "start over" (knowing what I know now).

The late 1700's here in the U.S. (I love the Revolutionary War period). I'd just like to visit, though.

Late night.

Fall (October). Cool, crisp nights.

No.... I'm about 30 miles east from my birthplace. I've lived in about 15 different apartments/houses.

Drama.

Stephen King.

Varies.

Deal with it.

Sixth grade (about 12 years old).

Big snakes.

What is your dream car?
Mercedes sports coupe.

My brother.

It WAS George Carlin. frown

What was your first job?
I was a file clerk at the "Tombs" (the NYC Dept. of Correction prison in lower Manhattan).

Night owl.

Loyalty.

Stealing yo-yos.

My dad.

Spring and autumn are OK; summer and winter suck.

Some Spanish. I'd like to speak Russian.

With friends.

My "Mighty Joe" bank. It's a gorilla bank about 12" high that I've had since I was 15. I named it "Mighty Joe" after Mighty Joe Young.

Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: SC] #498847
07/10/08 02:50 PM
07/10/08 02:50 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
POSTED BY SANTINO_BRASI

I have a dog named Lola

Frank Sinatra

I would love to sing any song with Frank Sinatra

Yes, I would ask Marslyn out sooner, before Kyle did

I would love to live back in 1920's-1940's New York

When the sun just is starting to rise, and the birds start singing, the ground will just start to warm up and there is no one around for miles

I love the winter

I was Born in Florida, and am still here

Film Noir or Mafia

I Quite enjoy Nicholas Pileggi

I like Yellow and Black, and Black and White

As I am still in school, I am dealing with it... but just barely

When I finish I will tell you. but so far my favorite year would be 5th or 6th grade

A Great White Shark... and the greatest animal of all... Man

What is your dream car? a 1936 Rolls Royce

I have my Mom and Dad, Dominick, and JG

Mitch Hedburg, Pablo Francisco and Dane Cool

What was your first job?
I help my Dad clear pools, but I don't get payed mad

Are you an early bird, a night owl, or somewhere between? I am doing surveys at 4:00Am-now what do you think?

Intelligence

Stealing Clay in Kindergarden... and Hitting my brother

My Parents

I HATE THE HOT

I Speak Italian and English, and I hope to learn Sicilian

I go on the computer and hang out with my friends

well, My Godfather Trilogy Box set has sentimental value to me now because My Grandma (not the one that died) bought it for me... and now she has leukemia frown frown frown frown

Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: SC] #498848
07/10/08 02:51 PM
07/10/08 02:51 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
POSTED BY GINAITALIANGIRL

Two cats; Angelina (who we always call Angie) and Tiger

Jimmy Page (but I also adore Ray Charles and Sinatra...)

Since I always find myself singing along to it when it comes up on my Sinatra CD, I'll say "That's Life"

To relive it, I'd go back to my childhood, the fun days of summer spent with my brother and cousins; to change something, I'd maybe go back to the beginning of high school and have a different outlook on some things

The 1950s, 60s, or 70s; I think I'd just want to visit...unless I got attached. haha

Evening; it's the best time to be with my family, and during the summer, there's always baseball to watch

May's nice; baseball, weather's not too very hot yet, and a lot of nice memories from the school year that's ending up

I lived in the same place, same house, up until the end of last year when we moved about 20-30 minutes away

Comedy (when it's actually funny!)

Stephen King

Blue, black, and silver; not to frighten/insult any anti-Mets fans, but I like blue and orange, too

I've always stressed myself out about assignments, which made it less fun, but I've also always been grateful for the friendships formed throughout the school year

Probably senior year, when I felt most 'myself' - less shy, and with people I considered true friends

I gotta say roaches. I have to get out of the room, to the other side of the house, as far away as possible, if I see one. I'm terrified!

What is your dream car?
I know close to nothing about cars, but I love the looks of a Ferrari and a '65 Mustang.

Now I don't like how I worded the question...haha There are only two friends that I feel especially close to, and that I trust with my deeper thoughts and feelings, and I've known both for 5 years. I've always had trouble opening up about serious stuff, but I've found I can talk to them. I feel closest to my cousin, though, because we're the same age and grew up together. And it's my parents and brother that I feel I can trust and depend on the most.

Stephen Colbert

What was your first job?
Besides odd-jobs, my first "real" one was as a counselor at a summer camp for kids

Night owl all the way, and I don't think I could change even if I wanted to

A trait, when someone is respectful towards others; a skill, the ability to communicate well, either through writing or speaking - mainly because I have that common fear of public speaking

Having meaningless arguments with my brother; SB's response reminded me that I got caught stealing ticky-tack off a poster in kindergarten because, get this, my friend tattled on me! I was getting it for both of us...and wasn't even going to take all of it off the wall haha

It seems my mom's taught me lots of specific things, while my dad's taught me the more general, but both have passed on life lessons

I think I've only seen true snow once, and it was barely enough to make a snowball; summers are horribly wretched, but I don't think I'd trade it

I took classes in school for both Spanish and Italian, but still only know the basics, unfortunately; I wish I knew both better

Watching baseball, relaxing with my family, or playing with my cats

My teddy bear "Old Spank," which my grandma gave to me when I was first born; I have another stuffed animal that is the very same bear, but is named "New Spank," because he's in the original condition; after years of love, Old Spank is quite a bit more worn...I took him around everywhere, brought him on every family trip, even would bring him out to the kitchen to feed him breakfast some mornings when I was little

Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: SC] #498849
07/10/08 02:53 PM
07/10/08 02:53 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
POSTED BY BETH E

Do you have any pets? 1 cat, Binky.

Who’s your favorite musician BonJovi

What song would you most like to perform, or what band would you most like to perform with? John Lennon's "Imagine". I would love to be able to play that on the piano.

I don't want to relive the past. Just try to make the future better.

If you had a time machine (assuming you’re still in the Twilight Zone for the moment), what time period before your lifetime would you travel to? Would you rather have lived during that time, or would you just want to “visit” it? I would like to revisit the early 50's.

What is your favorite time of the day? Time to go home.

What is your favorite time of the year (month or season)? Spring

Are you still living in the same place you were born? If not, how many different places have you lived? No, but I did live in the house I was born in until I was an adult. My mom was pregnant with me when they moved into it.

What is your favorite genre of movies? Drama

Who is your favorite author/writer (books, newspaper journalists, etc.)? New York Post.

What is your favorite set of colors, ones that you like together? Purple and black.

As a kid, did you enjoy school, deal with it, or hate it? I hated it. My best class was cutting it.

Which year of school did you enjoy most? Maybe kindergarten?

What animal are you most afraid of? Snakes and vicious dogs.

What is your dream car? BMW

Who do you feel closest to, that you know best and can rely on for trust and support – a family member or a friend? If a friend, how long have you know him/her? I'm not a very trusting person.

Who’s your favorite comedian? Will Farrell

What was your first job? Banquet waitress at Holiday Inn

Are you an early bird, a night owl, or somewhere between? I guess in betwee.

What is a trait or a skill that you appreciate in others? Honesty

What was something you got in trouble for as a kid? cutting class so much in the 7th grade that I failed. But I did get bumped up after the first semester the following year.

Who would you say you have learned the most ‘life lessons’ from? My mom

Do you like the weather/climate of where you live? I hate it

What languages do you speak? What languages do you wish you knew, or would like to learn? I barely know English.

How do you like to spend your free time? Watching shows I like.

Tell us about a possession of yours that has sentimental value to you. Things my child made for me when she was a kid. I saved them all.

Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: SC] #498851
07/10/08 02:55 PM
07/10/08 02:55 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
SC,

This seems like a whole lotta work reposting no??? ohwell

What a guy!!!! wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #498853
07/10/08 02:58 PM
07/10/08 02:58 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
It's just a slow process, TIS. I'm bored shitless, so I don't really mind it.

Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: SC] #498855
07/10/08 03:04 PM
07/10/08 03:04 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
POSTED BY CAPO DE LA COSA NOSTRA

No, I don't. I've never been that sort of person.

At the moment, Radiohead; I saw them live last week. My favourite solo artist at the moment is Sole, the anticon. rapper.

What song would you most like to perform, or what band would you most like to perform with?
"Idioteque". I think I'd be very good at it.

I don't know; I've become increasingly dumbfounded by this type of question. The first answer that pops into my head is "July 2nd, 2005, the Trevi Fountain". But I don't know.

If you had a time machine, what time period before your lifetime would you travel to? Would you rather have lived during that time, or would you just want to “visit” it?
My sister said she was born in the wrong era, and I used to entertain the same notion; but no, we're living through the greatest crises yet - the conflict between liberalism and conservatism is reaching explosive peaks as I type.

If I wake early, morning's good. Midday feels even better if you've been up long. I'm at my most articulate when everybody else is asleep.

Summer. It heightens my mood, whatever that is.

No, I live (when I'm not at university) about a mile from our first house.

I don't know. I like existential horrors, noir; but I also love stuff like Lost in Translation, which, for better or worse, would have to be labelled a "rom-com", despite the negative connotations that brings.

Without doubt, John Fowles. He's my favourite linguist; I often wish I'd written sentences he has.

I like yellow and red, yellow and blue, yellow and green, blue and green. More than those.

It transformed from a joyous love for it to a radical, revolting hate for it. I've become more aware, as I've grown older, of the transparencies of hierarchies upheld by ill-equipped people. Teachers rarely influence us now.

I don't know; any hindsight is marred by the present projection. I began this answer with "I was at my happiest at 11, my final year of junior school", but that's a gilded, romantic gesture. Time isn't linear; its horizontality is impenetrable.

I'm with SC: I'd back-flip and run if I ever saw a snake. When I was younger I used to be shit-scared of dogs. Remnants of that fear will always be with me.

What is your dream car?
If I could drive and had the money, and if I were "into" cars, I'd like the white jeep Tony Soprano drives in latter seasons.

My parents and sister; I'm close to my family. In terms of friends, Ollie, whom I've known (from school) for about nine years, but with whom I've been good friends for three to four of those.

Larry David, Woody Allen, Ricky Gervais.

What was your first job?
Nightclub PR.

Night owl.

Self-awareness; astuteness.

My mother says the naughtiest thing I ever did was to empty an entire box of tampons into the toilet. At school, when I was about six or seven, I unknowingly "stole" a girl's seat in the canteen, and when she returned to get it, words were exchanged and I called her a pig. I don't regret that, but when the teacher came to get to the bottom of the girl's tears, I blamed it on somebody else, who wasn't even present at the table. lol

I really don't know. I'm the way that I am because of a whole mixture of people, and the multiple mutual relationships I've had with them. My parents, definitely; Mr. Blake from junior school, Mrs. Brady from senior school; Andrew from my filmmaking academy; wetdog from FCM.

It's possibly the healthiest place in the world in terms of climate - moderate, really, though the stereotype is nothing but rain. I'd like more heat.

English. Some French. I'd like to know French fluently. Turkish, too.

All of my time's free; I like to spend it laughing, conversing with others; but I also cherish my own company - I like to read, to paint, to draw. Being creative makes me happy.

I don't really have any. I don't know what "sentimental value" strictly means, and I doubt I've felt sentimental towards material posessions.

Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: SC] #498903
07/10/08 04:50 PM
07/10/08 04:50 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
POSTED BY MIGNON

I have a dog named Sampson

I like alot of singers

I would love to sing My Way with Frank Sinatra

Yes, 1988 so I could take a different street so I wouldn't get into that car wreck that almost killed me

I would love to live back in 1920's-1940's New York also the old west

Early evening

I love the winter even though I hate to shovel the snow

no I was Born in Lorain, Ohio and I've lived in 4 different states

Mafia,comedy

I use to read alot of VC Andrews

I like navy blue

I hated school

6th grade was the best. Mr. Witherow was the best

Grizzly bears

What is your dream car? Mustang

Friend/a few years

Jeff Foxworthy

What was your first job?
Waitress

Night owl

Honesty

Writing dirty words on the sidwalk in front of the Principal's house

My Parents

No

I wish I could speak Italian

Computer and family

I have some of my Mother's clothes and Jewlry after she passed away.

Re: Getting to Know You 3 [Re: SC] #498904
07/10/08 04:52 PM
07/10/08 04:52 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
POSTED BY KLYDON

A shih-tzu, named Coco.

Bruce Springsteen

What song would you most like to perform, or what band would you most like to perform with? (ignoring factors of embarrassment or lack of talent, which would stand in my way…haha)Maybe something by Buddy Holly. I don't sing well.

I would like to relive a carefree summer when I was 12.

Like SC, I always was fascinated by the late 18th, early 19th century. I would also love to see the early days of baseball when Cobb, Walter Johnson and Matthewson played.

Early evening

October.

I've lived in about a dozen different places.

Probably drama.

James Joyce and John Steinbeck

Definitely, black and gold. Go Steelers.

Probably all three at different times. Mostly, I dealt with it.

Senior year in college.

None really.

What is your dream car?
I never loved cars, or felt the desire to have a special one. I drive a 2003 Camry with a dented bumper and 215,000 miles on it, and enjoy it.

My wife. I still rely on my dad for advice. He's like a safety net for me.

Is Robin Williams still considered a comedian?

What was your first job?
I worked for the Blind Association, and did yard work for the blind. They never complained. wink

Mostly a night owl, but my schedule doesn't really permit it.

Dependability, a sense of humor.

I lit all the candles inside a church (got off easy); I accidentally broke an expensive vase from Italy; I was nabbed for trespass several times for swimming in a reservoir late at night.

My father, no doubt.

It gets a little too cold in winter and too hot in summer, but it's okay.

English.

I wish I knew Spanish...and Italian so I could translate Santino Brasi's birthday greeting. smile

Doing this. Spending time with the family or watching sports.

Christmas ornaments that the kids made when they were little.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull