Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Even if Obama held onto everyone who voted for him in the primaries, and held most of Clinton's supporters, he still wouldn't have enough to beat McCain in November. He recognizes that he needs to reach out to those who didn't vote for him, including registered Republicans.

It is natural that candidates run toward the center, and Obama is getting it out of the way before he is "re-introduced" at the convention extravaganza he is planning. I expect to see him take a hit in the polls in the coming days or week because of his flip flopping on Iran and FISA. Bottom line is he base has no where else to go. IMHO the smartest thing hehas done was to support faith based intiiatives, which in fact he has always supported. That does not sit well with most liberals, but the Evangelicals love it. What he can accomplish by this is not winning many evangelical votes, but keeping them home on election day becase they do not like McCain.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."