Originally Posted By: ledblimp
There's supposedly a conference that happened in March of '57 at the La Palma Hotel in Palermo made up of Sicilian and American bosses.Think the big subject was the drug trade.

It's brought up in a doc. I have but this is the only time I've heard about it. Can't recall ever hearing or reading anything else about it.

Anyone know if this actually took place?

Thanks for info.

Ron

Ron -

I stayed there in July of last year. The meeting at the Hotel Grande Delle Palme supposedly started on October 10 1957 and lasted for 4 days. The American mafioso was represented by the following gangsters: Joe Bonanno, boss , Frank Garafolo, underboss, Carmine Galante, consigliere, John Bonventre, capo, Antonio, Giuseppe and Gaspare Maggadino, John Priziola and Santo Sorge. Santo Sorge was cousin from Don Genco Russo, the most important boss from Sicily. Of course Charlie Lucky was also present. It was at that meeting that the decision was made that the Sicilian Mafia would handle the entire heroine shipment to the USA. It's been said that at the same meeting they decided to kill Albert Anastasia. He was shot to death 10 days after the meeting. Carlo Gambino took his place.

I posted this pic last year upon my return:

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
For those of you who do not go over to the General Discussion thread, I thought that I would post this picture here. I was in Italy for two weeks and while in Palermo I stayed in the Hotel Grande Delle Palme, where Lucky Luciano kept a suite and 'the five families' divided up the world's drug trade in October 1957.

If you are interested, CLICK HERE FOR SOME MORE PHOTOS from my trip to Italia.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.