Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
TB, 250 times? While that is asininely shocking, I am not surprised at all by your answer. GOod going. I'd say keep up the good work, but is there any need? wink

Mick
Though it seems compulsive (maybe it was compulsive), I loved the book so much that I read it through at least two or three times a month from the time it was published in 1969, through about 1975, then probably once a month after that. Crazy, I know, but then again, I'm a certifiable GF nut. eek
TIS: I used to keep a copy of the book (and the videos) in my office. I worked for a big company, and there were plenty of GF nuts under our roof. Trivia contests were constant. Sometimes I'd challenge someone to open a page of the book at random and read a paragraph. Then I'd respond with a quote or sentence, near-verbatim, from that page. I'm not sure I can still do it, but I did it then. My fantasy: I die and meet St. Peter at the Golden Gate. He says, "What did you do with your life?" I reply, "I memorized "The Godfather." His eyelids droop, his thumb turns down, and next thing you know, I'm falling into a place that's very hot...

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.