Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
I wish it were a level playing field. Then teams, such as the Marlins, might be in contention each year because they are so good at evaluating young talent and bringing those players to the big league. There needs to be a set salary cap for players and the teams, like in the NBA.

Given some years I think a team like Florida will be in contention because of their minor leagues and how they bring talent up. Sadly, a few years down the road after that, some of their talented players might opt to leave them for "greener" (i.e. cash) pastures.

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
But MLB won't allow it, and ESPN will continue to milk the New York/Boston angle as much as they can even though most of the country has been sick of it for years. It's sad.

I think the rivalry is still one of sports' best and I look forward to watching them go head-to-head. With that in mind, I can't stand to see the personnel changes in the teams' lineups ... like Johnny Damon or Wade Boggs playing in pinstripes. Whatever happened to team loyalty? (I know... I know.... it's all about money now). THAT'S what is sad!!