Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
TIS, that's wonderful!! I'm so proud of you. Actually, when I was pregnant, I quit cold turkey and the cravings were HORRIBLE. The patch has really relieved a lot of it, made it much more tolerable.

I am feeling sort of dizzy and light-headed, but that's supposed to be typical as well. I also am not nearly as hungry as I was last time, but I'm coughing like crazy from a post-nasal drip. That could just be my allergies, though.

I hope I don't have the bad dreams associated with the patch, because I would rather not take it off at night. I started with a Step 2 patch and I plan to do the Step 3 as well.

I had to call DMC today to talk me through my drive home from work, because without the girls in the car, that was my smoking time. That was the worst part so far.

Like I said before, just stick it out, because everytime you "cheat" it's just going to make you more prone to see any harm in it in the future. And with the patch on, it just sort of became a psychological thing, and it lost all of its efficiency.

The coughing is probably something to do with quitting. They say you cough up flem for some days after cutting cigarettes out of your routine as your throat repairs itself, which makes sense, because it seems to get me everytime I try to quit.

And I used to sleep with the patch on, and it's not that I had bad dreams, just really surreal ones. They're were actually sort of enjoyable, considering the weird guy I am. But then I thought about it, and you're actually getting more nicotine than you do when you smoke when you sleep with it on, because that's sort of like smoking in your sleep.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."