Ha ha...Boy, can I relate..

My drive to/from work is about an hour. I kept a pack of cigs in my car for a couple months after I stopped smoking. Didn't smoke them but I guess you'd call it a comfort just having them there (only a smoker can grasp that concept). During my drive home I probably use to smoke 3 cigarets. I had three particular intersections in which I would pull out a cig and just pretend to take a hit and hold it. tongue Unsatisfying? Yes. But I did that three times during my journey. After a week or so I didn't pull out the cigaret, but still kept them in my car, and would simply glance down at them and waited for the craving to pass. I did come very close a couple times with the cig in my mouth and the lighter in my hand but for whatever reason, I fought the urge.

Now, one year later, yes I still think about it. Cigaret smoke smells good, that's all there is to it. It probably always will. But, I don't intend to light again and feel really confident that I won't.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/18/08 09:56 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon