I've just finished the novel and, on Turnbull's request I thought it would be nice if I would post my review on the novel.

It gives a lot of detail on what happened and who they exactly were and what there position was. This was very interesting to read, it provides a lot of background that you didn’t knew by watching the movie. That was the reason I asked the novel for Christmas in the first place. It is also very interesting to get a bit more background on characters like: Rocco Lampone, Al Neri, Carlo Rizzi, Petter Clemenza, Sally Tessio and many other characters. It gives you so much detailed information on how the Don thought and how he took care of business and taught Michael, also the disgust of the other Families towards Tom Hagen.

I was a little bit disappointed that the period that Michael became a Don wasn't that big. I've read the novel in Dutch version, and the translations were pathetic, Il Padrino wasn't spelled like that, but it was spelled: Il Patino, and also some translations of other words were far from right. When I've read the novel in English I will post another review on the book.

Because I don’t think that there’s no such thing as "The perfect book" I give it a 9.0. I intended to give the book a rating of 9.5 or higher, but I choose to give it a 9.0 because the translations were far from perfect.

"I won't be a man like you." - Michael to Vito, orginal Part II ending