Originally Posted By: Tony Mosrite
well it was either the Mets or the Cubbies. I believe I managed a killer lineup with the cheaper Mets.

the Red Sox are always a good pick because they have the best rotation in the MLB but you can't get a better matchup than this week's Mets. plus I love picking a NL team over an AL one.

what I'm really looking forward this week is seeing if it pays off not paying the big bucks at 2B for Chase Utley. I thought it made sense giving up on him this week because I already missed the best week of his life, probably (averaged almost 10 fan pts per game last week) - if he keeps playing like that he's worth every penny.

Utley, like Ryan Howard, seems to hit his homeruns in clusters. He's had a few big power weeks this season.

I went with the Red Sox staff this week even though Matsuzaka is on the DL. I think the biggest factor I considered was 6 of 7 games at home. I'm starting to buy into this home field winning percentage thing in baseball this year, and the Red Sox seem to do exceptionally well at Fenway. Moreover, TB is a different team on the road.

I looked hard at the Mets, who are on the west coast this week where east coast teams often struggle. They are still a bit of an enigma. It should be an interesting week.