Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Ohio Gov could carry Ohio and maybe help in Pa and Mich which could turn the election, his weakness is no foreign policy chops. McCain, who is no foreign policy whiz, is overrated in this department, but he has the "security" vote locked up and can engage in fear/warmongering, as he has already begun to do. Takes me back to Jim Webb. Former Navy Secretary under Reagan, strong military creds, strong security creds, can get down and dirty with the common folk, and could deliver Virginia, North Carolina and help tip Pa and Ohio. He would be weak with women voters, and apparently has said or written some sexist things that they would throw back at him.

That's an interesting perspective on Ted Strickland, Ohio's governor. While I can't say that I am disappointed in Strickland, he has not really had any major accomplishments in my state. Then again, he had such a mess to clean up from his idiot predecessor Taft. I personally would nab Webb before Strickland, if I were Obama.

EDIT: Furthermore, Strickland has been very visible in his public support of Clinton. I doubt that he is on the very short list for Obama.

Last edited by goombah; 05/24/08 09:26 AM.