I haven't been following this thread, so please excuse me if I talk about stuff that you all have talked about before. I was just discussing with my girlfriend how I wanted David Cook to win once it got down to the final two, but back when all of this started I never though he had a chance to win. It's amazing how things change over the course of the show.

I thought "Dreads" might win, not because I liked him, but because every woman I know thought he was cute. I thought he was a typical campfire singer. But he was interesting, unlike both David's in my opinion. I also liked Carly while she was on the show, not only because I liked her voice and style, but she also shares the name of my youngest step-daughter (cheesy reason I know, but it adds to the excitement within the house).

I had a feeling one of the "rockers" would win this year because of the success of Chris Daughtry.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next season. It seems most demographics have been covered over the years with each winner, from R & B to Country, to Blues-ish to Rock, etc....

What's next?

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes