The possibilities are endless, but I have three ideas.

1. She wants on the ticket. This could be for two reasons. The cynical view is she would run as poorly as Lieberman and Edwards did, and watch Obama go down in flames to position herself for a 2012 run against McCain. She could claim she went out gracefully etc., and that she warned the party not to give it to Obama. If he were to win, she and Bill would try to muscle Obama, and it could make for a dysfunctional administration.

2. She wants to to as much damage as she can before she "gracefully bows out." Obam ouwld have to retire her debt, compromise on FLa and Mich and she would be given a prime time speech at the convention where sho could praise Obama in a way that would have pundits reading between the lines, Much like Ted Kennedy did to Carter. Again this sets her up for 2012.

3. She doesn't know what she wants. She is just really coming to terms with the fact she is not going to win. I don't think she wants to back to the Senate in any leadership post. Maybe she'd settle for appointment to the Supreme Court
retirement of her debt, etc in exchange for supporting Obama. Still if he loses, she is in good shape for 2012.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."