BB Community:

I will be running in the Cleveland Marathon this coming Sunday, May 18th. Originally, I had no motivation other than to see if I could meet the challenge of completing my second marathon. I ran the 2005 race and entered this year trying to improve upon my time.

But now I have a better reason. Recently, my mom received word that she must resume her battle against cancer. So I thought I could raise money with her as my motivation by collecting contributions for the American Cancer Society. My goal is to raise $2,000. I know some of you were close to Plawrence, who lost his fight with this terrible disease in 2006. We all probably know someone who has been impacted by cancer and we need to find a cure.

If you wish to sponsor me, the race is 26.2 miles. While I can guarantee that I will not be this year's winner shhh, I have every intention of finishing the race (barring injury). Final race results/finishing times will be posted on the official Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon website.

I will post my finishing time by Sunday evening, hopefully along with a picture or two.

If you wish to donate, please PM me and I will give you my mailing address.

If anyone thinks this is a scam, I request that all checks be made out directly to the American Cancer Society. To reiterate, I am not collecting donations on behalf of any single individual. If there is a specific area that you wish to designate your contribution, please feel free. Here is some additional information regarding different areas for contributions: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/DON/content/DON_0.1_General_Donation.asp

I prefer to collect and send all contributions at one time. No contribution is too small. Your check or money order donation is tax deductible - the American Cancer Society should send you something to verify your contribution. Please do NOT send cash.

I plan to send all contributions by June 7, 2008.

Thanks,
Goombah