Originally Posted By: J Geoff
 Originally Posted By: svsg
You can't deny Irishman's huge influence on your review style (notwithstanding all those links in your post).

They're not "reviews", they're feedback and opinions. Big difference. (While both could be pretentious at times, the latter are just FYI ;\) ) Besides, my posts are 10x longer than I12's. \:p

You're both similar in that your reviews or feedbacks or IMDB postings or whatever they are, you never make a point of why is why.

With this DEATH AT A FUNERAL, is it goddamn worth watching? You say its good if "you're into wacky comedies"...but what if I'm not?

Better yet, if it is worth checking out, you need to pimp it if you truely feel that folks might enjoy it.

If a movie fails to connect with you, then write about that failure on the movie's behalf, or if the movie does work for you, explain why.

To put it another way, look at last year's SWEENEY TODD or PINK FLOYD THE WALL from 1982. I don't generally like musicals, nor attracted to them, but those two movies I would recommend for a rental from Netflix or Blockbuster or whatever the fuck.

I've explained previously in those reviews, though that THE WALL review now is laughable. That'll be a re-writing candidate for the future.