Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: SB
The problem is, I'm sure that many of the seats are comped, so I guess they have to make their money up somehow

SB, they don't charge those prices to make up for the comps that they give out. Believe me, the people that they comp those tickets to will make up for the cost 100 times over at the tables before and after the show.

What's more criminal to me than these $250 price tag tickets to see an entertainer or a band is the common prcatice by many MLB organizations of charging different prices for different games for the same seats depending on the opposing team that they will be playing.

For instance last year I inquired about tickets to a Mets / Braves game and found that the stadium was selling tickets in a certain section for $200 per seat. The same exact seats were being sold, for a Mets / Marlins game for $75 per seat.

As far as I am concerned, that's scalping by the organization itself. The Yankees do the same thing.

Criminal.

If you want to really compalin about the high cost of tickets for an entertainment venue, check out the practice by the Broadway Playhouses and the prices they now charge for certain sections. Out of control.

I've overpaid for sporting events, and I have bought tickets from scalpers and got a betterdeal from them than I have from ticket agencies like stub hub.

My problem is that the waiting list for Steeler tickets exceeds my life expectancy by many years. I occasionally get tickets from friends, but if my sons and I want to plan to go to a specific game, I know I have to shell out over $300-350 for a ticket from Stub Hub(and that's not the 50 yard line).

What's the difference between paying over the ticket price from an agency (legal) and a scalper (illegal)? Besides skin color and social standing, the government gets to collect an easy cut through taxes on the agents. Frankly, I find the scalpers harder working and just as honest as the ticket brokers.

I also get a kick out of the announcements piped through svarious sports venues warning fans not to buy from scalpersas their tickets may be forgeries and counterfeits.